Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dear Lima Bean,

I was looking at this picture of you today. I was looking at your cute button nose and thinking "wow you have your daddy's nose." Then I looked at your lips. You may have the Cleverly lips. No this is not a bad thing. If you have the Cleverly lips then you will look like my dad-one of the four awesome grandparents you will meet soon. I was then looking at your heart. Your dad and I were so nervous about your heart being okay. A friend of your daddy's baby died from a congenital heart condition. It broke their hearts and in return it broke ours. I'm sure you met her. Her name is Logan. I bet you were best friends once. After your heart was examined and okay we were so excited! You have two hands and two feet. Your daddy and I can't wait to kiss those cute hands and feet!

Yesterday you gave me a scare. My cervix (something I will tell you about when you are old enough) felt like it was being ripped apart. Luckily my water is still intact and you are still inside my comfy belly.

I love you so much and can't wait to hold you in my arms. I can't wait to see your daddy hold you for the first time. I can't wait to see what you look like. Are you going to have blond hair like your dad or pitch black hair like I did? Will you have your dads clear blue eyes or my 'Mathie' hazel eyes. Either way I will love you! You can be whoever and what ever you want to be.

As much as I want to see you, I don't want you out of my belly. I want to keep you safe forever. I don't want to say goodbye to your wonderful, and sometimes painful, squirms.

I am going to miss this part of our relationship. I'm afraid I will never feel this close and connected to you again.

Promise me you will always be my Lima bean.

We love you lots!

Xo-

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment