Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Marigolds and Coral Bells

Some interesting facts about Marigolds
  • Wasps hate them and will not nest near them (the exact reason I am planting them)
  • If fed to chickens the skin will have a more appealing look to consumers.
  • The yolk of a chicken will be a much richer yellow if consumed by the nesting chicken
  • Water made from the flower would cause psychic visions
  • They have been used to ward off gossipers 
  • Marigolds symbolize cruelty and jealousy
  • It can be used as an antidote for the sharp tongued and promotes cheery conversations
Interesting facts about Coral Bells:
  • Hummingbirds love them
  • They mean challenge and happy love
  • The roots have been used to heal bloody noses
  • Shrinks swollen tissues
I like to know the meanings and histories of the plants I grow. I think surrounding myself with plants that have the attributes I want in my home is important. I'm not a weirdo but I will plant something even if I don't love it because of it's meaning and historical use.

So today I will be planting some flowers. We will see if they change things for our casa.

No comments:

Post a Comment