Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rh-

Yesterday I had to get a Rhogam shot in my BUTT! It stings and burns a little. I've got a little bruise but it's mostly red and irritated from the band-aide. I'm allergic to the adhesive they use in medical tape and band-aides. So instead of pain from a shot I have an allergic reaction on my butt from a damn band-aide! WTF!?!?!? 

So those of you who do not know what being Rh- means I have a link for you to go to. Unfortunately, being Rh- has nothing to do with my current health problems but at least it's caught and being taken care of before it becomes a problem.

My understanding of being Rh-.... I am O- blood type. Since I am a negative blood type I run the risk of producing antibodies against my baby. This would only happen if my blood comes in contact with the baby's blood and they mix. Again this only is a problem if the baby is positive. So the baby's blood and my blood could mix and cause my body to fight off the baby as a foreign intruder. The mixing of blood only happens rarely and so this injection is only a prevention. It is better to be safe than sorry right?

Be sure to click on those links so you can better inform yourself on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment