Monday, May 16, 2011

Loving The Bump

but missing my body. I found this picture of me on my four wheeler last summer. It was a blast. Who knew it would be our last summer with carefree last minute weekend trips, four wheeling, and gallons of mountain dew in the smoldering hot St. George summer sun.

I look at that picture then I look down at my belly. The belly makes me feel more things than the picture does. When I see the belly I think about our plans. I can't wait for the first time we meet our baby, our first trip to my parent's house with the baby, and the first time we hear our baby giggle. Then I think about the future. If the baby is a girl will she be a ballet dancer, swimmer (like mom), tom boy, four wheeling beauty (dad hopes so), a scholar, a blond or a brunette? If it's a boy is he going to love shooting guns with his dad? Will he wear camo and ride dirt bikes or four wheelers?

This picture reflects a ton of fun times we had. Special trips and awesome memories. But the belly reflects a lifetime of changes, memories and special times as a family. 

I can't wait to meet this little person. I also can't wait to get back on my wheeler either. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment