Monday, April 25, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was Easter Sunday. It was a great day. I had family here. They played card games with trash talking included. There were two cute little rug-rats running around and lots of food. A recipe for a good day. However, I felt like crud. I am weak. I have a racing pulse at times then my blood sugar drops. My doc says to drink 96ounces to 128ounces of water a day and eat every 2 hours. I am doing this! The problem is my sugar will drop regardless of my last protein and sugar consumption. My blood sugar is not on a schedule. I will be sitting or even laying down and then all of a sudden the headache sets in, then my pulse raises, my heart starts pounding like it's going to pop, and eyes get dizzy and my head gets confused. I start sweating too. It's glamorous.

I just want to get my body on some sort of a schedule. I don't know how. I can't figure out a schedule at all either. I can go anywhere from needing food every 30 minutes to 2 hours. It's bizarre. A friend mentioned that she kept glucose tablets on her at all times when she was pregnant. I think I need to do that as well.

Since I am not the thinnest pregnant lady I was worried about having Gestational Diabetes and I never even thought of Hypoglycemia as an issue.

So I sat on the couch with my 32 ounce mug from the hospital and watched everyone have a good time. At least I was there to watch it. It was nice seeing my family all together in one place. I just wish I could have shown it better.

I am so thankful for my awesome, patient, kind, giving, and SEXY husband. He has been the most strict 'nurse' I have ever met. He loves me. He rocks!

P.S. I really do still love being pregnant. I could feel at my worst but when I feel that baby move I remember it's all worth it. I am okay with the bed rest, insane amounts of fluid, dizzy eyes and headaches when I feel that lima bean move. I love it so much.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't get the fruit punch ones from Target. Gross. Feel better though! Thinking of you and wishing you & baby well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went today. Walmart had watermelon tablets. I'll cross my fingers that they don't suck.

    ReplyDelete